Wednesday 2 March 2016

BYTE: Merry March

I'm Paul ... and this is Paul & The Popcorn...

Welcome to a merry March - and I hope it is so for all of you!

Firstly I must apologise for the lack of updates - my computer has been playing funny, then it decided to pack in and with working lots and being on adventures I haven't had time to fix it. Obviously I have now so there'll be some reviews up and posted over the next few days.

Last month we had Deadpool (review soon as I've seen it 3 times now!) this month we have the muchly anticipated Batman Vs Superman: Dawn of Justice. Wow! And we've got London has Fallen, Grimsby and Allegiant (part one) to look forward to among others.

Although I visited Middlesbrough Comic Con back in February (I need to write that one up as well, jeez I'm slacking) the first epic one of the year for me is the one in Wales - the Sci Fi Weekender, which we have been going to for about 5 years now. This year guests include Garrett Wang (from Voyager), the ever lovely Eve Myles (she's beautiful inside and out) and the oft imitated but never bettered, the legend that is Brian Blessed! I'm really looking forward to this one and a two part review will come in time. And, if my new video camera comes, you might even get a You Tube video. if you are going there, say hi!

Later in the year I'm looking at visiting other 'Cons and on my hitlist include Destination Star Trek in Birmingham in October and The London Film & Comic Con by Showmasters in July. The latter stars Ron Perlman (Hellboy) and others while the former celebrates 50 years of the Star trek frnachise and includes cast members from all of the series AND prop and set shoots. Wow!
 
Looking at the latest stuff as well:

>   Xbox Live:  Games with Gold this month includes the usual selection of games, rather than list them I've included the link that's in blue. However, as this links to the current games, if you click the link it is the current games available and maybe not what's available now. Remember though that all the Xbox games have limited availability and are yours to keep once you have purchased them. However, some are only available at the beginning of the month, some at the end and some longer than that. Generally though, there are some games for the first two weeks and then a different set two weeks after, so you need to move quickly.

Every Xbox 360 game that is featured on Games With Gold from now, is now backwards compatibly with Xbox One which means the Xbox 360 games above WILL work on your Xbox one. They are adding new games all the time, so keep checking to see if you can use any of those old 360 games again on your shiny new Xbox One.

>  PSN: PS Plus this month has another selection of games but usual rules apply in that if you stop your subscription those games'll stop workin'. I know this to be true because it has happened to me. However, simply subscribe again and poof! by magic they work again. Also, this is the link to where to download the games, which means that although there's a certain set this mont, if you click the link next month there will be different games on offer - so get in while you can.

Origin has another game on the house which is Need for Speed: Most Wanted still -  so get it now before it's gone forever. As always you need to have an Origin account to get this. if this game is on your Most Wanted list, then now's the time to take advantage.

Origin have a new thing out called Origin Access which is £3.99 a month to play their games and you can cancel at any time. I need to look into this further but it looks pretty cool if you have the time to do it. If you check it out - let me know.
 
As always we have Loot Crate and Nerd Block unboxings to look forward to...
...AND Marvel Collector Corps is coming in April!

It's time to go now but -  I'll see you soon.
Keep being awesome!
Until next time

Paul



No comments:

Post a Comment