Wednesday 2 March 2016

BYTE: Fab February

I'm Paul ... and this is Paul & The Popcorn...

Welcome to a fabulous February - and I hope it is so for all of you!

As we power through to February we have a lot of things to look forward to - Valentine's Day is one, maybe. But let's sack that for now and check out the movies this month.

Heralding the new superhero movies of 2016 and onward, Ryan Reynolds leads us astray with Deadpool - the much awaited movie from 20th century Fox - however he's already had two stabs at being a superhero both of which failed. This is his third chance - but will it be his last?

It seems Star Wars: The Force Awakens continues to dominate the cinema and I visited the D-Box at my local cinema. It was an interesting experience which took you right into the movie. I literally felt every explosion, laser blast and swoop of the spaceships. Overall it was a nice touch, but I think 5 pounds added to the ticket price and the length of time it was throwing you around is nice every now and then but would not be my regular planned cinema outing. One of my friends didn't really like it and ended up sitting in a vacant seat that wasn't D-Box enhanced, but for the adventurous ones among you, you should try it out - even if just once.

I mentioned about a video camera to do some unboxings on YouTube and I tried doing one but sadly the video camera I got for Christmas was of terrible quality and could have done better on my old Samsung Galaxy S3. I was very disappointed with it and have sent it back, but still waiting on my refund to replace it and then I will continue to try and make a video. However, I really enjoyed doing it so was gutted that the picture didn't work out. I WILL try asap, and I'm really excited about trying to give this editing software a try.

Let's get to the computers then -
 
If you are interested in Steam games but want to expand your horizons from just the triple A rated blockbusters and have a peek at other offerings - including indie developers, you could do no worse than checking out a SteamCrate. It says that each game is worth at least £3 and you get 10 random games each month - which could be anything from the latest releases to goodness-knows-what. I have subscribed to this and I'm going to do a review soon - so keep an eye out for it to see if it is worth it or not. They give you a 10% discount if you subscribe to their mailing list too, so it's worth doing that if you want to take advantage. I've been subscribing to this for a few months now and I'm fairly understanding of the type of service they offer. I am going to do a separate review next month breaking the box down so look out for that.

Looking at the latest stuff as well:

>   Xbox Live:  Games with Gold this month includes the usual selection of games, rather than list them I've included the link that's in blue. However, as this links to the current games, if you click the link it is the current games available and maybe not what's available now. Remember though that all the Xbox games have limited availability and are yours to keep once you have purchased them. However, some are only available at the beginning of the month, some at the end and some longer than that. Generally though, there are some games for the first two weeks and then a different set two weeks after, so you need to move quickly.

Every Xbox 360 game that is featured on Games With Gold from now, is now backwards compatibly with Xbox One which means the Xbox 360 games above WILL work on your Xbox one. They are adding new games all the time, so keep checking to see if you can use any of those old 360 games again on your shiny new Xbox One.

>  PSN: PS Plus this month has another selection of games but usual rules apply in that if you stop your subscription those games'll stop workin'. I know this to be true because it has happened to me. However, simply subscribe again and poof! by magic they work again. Also, this is the link to where to download the games, which means that although there's a certain set this mont, if you click the link next month there will be different games on offer - so get in while you can.

Origin has another game on the house which is Need for Speed: Most Wanted -  so get it now before it's gone forever. As always you need to have an Origin account to get this. if this game is on your Most Wanted list, then now's the time to take advantage.

Origin have a new thing out called Origin Access which is £3.99 a month to play their games and you can cancel at any time. I need to look into this further but it looks pretty cool if you have the time to do it. If you check it out - let me know.
 
As always we have Loot Crate and Nerd Block unboxings to look forward to...
...AND Marvel Collector Corps is officially Deadpool!

It's time to go now but -  I'll see you soon.
Keep being awesome!
Until next time

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment