Tuesday 17 February 2015

BYTE: 17th February 2015 aka Pancake Day

Hi guys
 
I feel like I haven't posted in a while so I thought I would drop a little update on things.
I'm working on a vLog episode of Paul & The Popcorn starting when I get my Loot Crate and Nerd Block.
 
I've been chatting to some of you on Twitter which has been great and please keep that up - it's awesome that people are taking notice of my blog and tweets - and I hope that it's both thought provoking and entertaining for you.
 
I've also been actively peeking at Kickstarter too - and I've been supporting some start ups. I'm currently backing a few requests - and will probably do more. As a person who loves technology, gadgets, comics, movies and all that sort of stuff, these things could potentially be the next big thing - or be the catalyst to something new on the ground that could change things forever. I'll do a separate post on my Kickstarter dabbling, but right now, I'm very pleased that I was part of the funding to help Shadowrun: Hong Kong to reach, and exceed, its requested funding amount. In fact, they have released a 2nd wind backing - so if you missed out and would like to get your hands on the game and loads of other goodies go straight to the Second Chance Backer Campaign but be quick - it's only open until 13th March 2015.
 
Other things on my list are Brian & Lindsay Will Totally Eat That webseries, Token webseries, funding of girl band LIPS's EP and an augmented reality book called Goodnight Lad. That last one looks fantastic and I'm hoping it will be funded successfully. As I have a vested interest in it, if it does become successful, I will most certainly give you all a look of it - and of course a review (as I will of Shadowrun too). If you want to invest or have a peek at those projects - click on the blue links that have appeared over their names. Or you can visit www.kickstarter.com for a browse of those projects and others that might take your fancy. If you see one I might like let me know!
 
My logo is done and dusted too - and is now proudly displayed on my twitter  - @paulandpopcorn if you would like to see it - I would love to know what you think.
 
Finally I'll be going to the cinema to see a few movies soon so there will be a few more movie reviews posted on the site too. Starting with a review of the most controversial movie of recent times The Interview as soon as I get time to write it. Tomorrow I'm hopefully going to get to see Jupiter Ascending  - the sci-fi special effects fest from the creators of the Matrix. It has been advertised for over a year and was delayed in release which is never a good sign - but at least they didn't change the title like they did with horror movie franchise Wrong Turn back in the day (for those who didn't know it was originally trailered as 'Road Kill'). Still, it looks like a pretty decent sci-fi movie - but the proof is in the viewing. Come back soon and I'll tell you exactly what I think of it. As always - your opinions count too - what do you think?
 
So there's lots of exciting things coming up - and I'm gonna be visiting some Comic Cons in March too - including the annual Sci Fi Weekender in Hafan y Mor, North Wales.
 
Until next time
 
Paul
 
If you are interested in the Loot Crate, get a discount of $3 by clicking through my link and using the code SAVE3. Or if that doesn't do it for you get an exclusive gift by typing in JOINTHEEMPIRE or NOGOODTOMEDEAD for a Star Wars gift free with your first crate (new subscriptions or reactivated subscriptions only) -
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment