Saturday 4 April 2015

EVENT: Ninja Warrior UK

Ninja Warrior UK comes to our screens on 11th April - are you tuning in?
To those who know me, I am known for getting up to all sorts and seeing exactly what there is to do in this thing called life. I've taken opportunities and adventures as often as my limits would allow and one of those is getting involved in television and movies. I've always liked the idea of being an actor - but it's something I have never pursued, and instead plumped for creative writing and music.
I have though recently been taking advantage of opportunities that have arisen. Over the last few years I've been an audience member on Celebrity Juice - which was an awesome experience and I was also at the finals of X Factor which was broadcast on TV back in 2012. I also got through to the final auditions of CatchPhrase in 2013 but never made the recordings of the show and have been invited to be in the audience of Deal or No Deal too. I still have to take them up on the offer.
 
However, last Monday, 30th March 2015 I attended Manchester for the recording of a brand new show coming on ITV called Ninja Warrior UK. A massive hit in Japan and the USA, contestants try to defeat a diabolical obstacle course in the quickest time possible. Very much a cross between 90's classic Gladiators (without the Gladiators), Total Wipeout and the ever popular Takeshi's Castle, NWUK pits elite athletes, strong men, fit people and those who ust want to have a crack at the worlds most difficult obstacle course. If they beat the wall after their gruelling task of completing the course then they can go through to the next round to become Ninja Warrior UK.
 
The show is presented by popular presenter Ben Shepherd, Chris Kamara and The Saturday's Rochelle Humes.  Our night started with the first of fifty contestants who succeeded and failed in varying degrees. I'm not allowed to say what went on, but here's an official picture from the Ninja Warrior UK Facebook page to give you an idea of what it's like:

 
 
And here's that wall I mentioned earlier:

Beat the wall, beat the wall...
Ninja Warrior UK comes to ITV on 11th April - tune in to see who will become the first Ninja Warrior in the UK.
 
What am I talking about? Ninja Warrior UK - new game show/series
Where can I find out more? It's on ITV from 11th April or check out the website: http://www.itv.com/ninjawarrior/
If you like this try: Gladiators (90's), Krypton Factor, Total Wipe Out, Takeshi's Castle
 
Anything else?
This show is based on the wildly successful Japanese and American versions also called Ninja Warrior (but obviously without the UK at the end)
 
*please note - the photos on this page have been taken from the official Facebook page of Ninja Warrior UK and are meant to supplement the text I have written as we were not authorised to take photos at the event. They are for illustrative purposes only and are not meant in any way to breach copyright. If the owners of the pictures are not happy for this usage, please message me and I will remove them.


No comments:

Post a Comment